7.07.2005

Musings > Fortune Cookies

Fortune cookies are interesting things. I have at least three strange stories about them.

Here are the ones I remember:

I went into a chinese food place with my dad. He said something like, "I've been having the same thing over and over again. I think it's time I tried something new."

After he'd eaten his food (something he hadn't had before), his fortune read:

Now is the time to try something new.

Once my fortune read:
It is a nice day.
Some fortune!


I had eaten chinese food earlier, and as I rummaged through my pocket, I came across three dollars that I had forgotten were there. Underneath them was my fortune from before:
Great wealth is in store for you.


Sometimes I wonder if the people who serve you chinese food see you and choose from a list of different fortunes depending on how you look, but that wouldn't explain the 'great wealth' fortune because I got it during my music camp and chose it from a bag of a whole bunch. The guy never even saw me, either!

No comments: